Monday, January 18, 2010



The portfolio day overall was a great experience and I got a lot of good opinions. I feel I know where I need to improve on and what I should experiment more with. There was only one comment that irked me and it was about this photo. The reviewer told me if I was one of her students and she saw this photo she’d pull me aside and ask me if I was OK and if there was some trouble. I mean yes that’s pretty nice of her but it just bothers me, I’ve had a past of these kinds of things my work showing me as some troubled individual. Ok Ok, I’ll admit I have been quite depressed the past while yes but my work is not a warning sign. This photo is because I adore horror movies, the make -up blood and guts work in them is just so amazing to me. Oh that doesn’t sound terribly morbid…

I don’t know if I got my point across correctly. Despite that I’m always in my pieces it’s not about me, it’s about the character and I’m not the character.

No comments:

Post a Comment